Adult Journal Prompts
- _______ you really hurt me when you said _______ it made me feel ______________
- I know I didnt react at the time but ______________ made me so angry
- I wish I was brave enough to say this to your face _______________________
- I’ve never felt so low before when _____________________
- When you treat me like ________________ it makes me feel ________________
- Because I dont have ________________ in my life I feel _____________________
- I’m scared of ________________________ because it feels like it means ______________
- When I was little I felt like __________________________ when I was told ____________
- Honestly, what’s really making me sad right now is ____________________________
- I cannot accept the fact that ____________________
- What character trait are you most grateful for?
- What adversity are you grateful for?
- What are your favorite things in the natural world?
- What about your daily routine are you grateful for?
- What do you deeply enjoy doing alone?
- Did a stranger ever do a favor for you?
- Write about something you think is adorable.
- What 5 songs are you grateful for? Why?
- Write about what makes your pet so special.
- What freedoms are you grateful for?
- How have you grown in the past year?
- What book or movie are you grateful for? How did it impact you?
Journal Prompts For Understanding Yourself
- Describe yourself using the first 10 words that come to mind.
- What do you appreciate most about your personality? What aspects do you find harder to accept?
- Write down five aspects of your identity (personality, routines, interests) that have changed throughout the years.
- What excites you most about the future?
- What scares you most about the future?
- Describe a choice you regret. What did you learn from it?
- What's the best advice you've ever received?
- Describe your dream in detail.
- How do you show yourself compassion?
Journal Prompts for Making Your Dreams Come True
- What are three short-term goals that I have? What can I do to ensure I meet my short-term goals?
- What are three long-term goals that I have? How can I ensure I meet my long-term goals?
- Is there anything that scares me about my goals?
- Why is it worth it to me to push past my fears to achieve my goals?
- If I could be doing anything with my life right now, what would I be doing?
- What’s stopping me from doing the things I truly want to do?
- What unique skills, talents, and qualities do I possess that make me qualified to do what I want to do?
- What are my top five priorities in my life right now?
Journal Prompts For When You're Feeling Anxious
1. How does your anxiety make you feel mentally (other than, you know, anxious)?
2. How do you talk to yourself when you’re feeling anxious? Do you find that you’re gentle with yourself or are you kind of judgy and negative? How does either make you feel?
3. Think of a time when you were really anxious but the situation went better than you expected. What did you learn from that experience?
4. Where does anxiety show up in your body? How does it make you physically feel right now or in general?
5. List the best-case scenario that could happen based on what you’re anxious about. Is this maybe just as likely as the worst-case scenario? How would you feel if things fell somewhere in the middle?
6. What thoughts are going through your head right now? List them out as they come up, and read them over once you feel like you’ve written enough. Make your way down the list and ask yourself if you have solid proof that each of these thoughts is true. If not, go ahead and cross it out.