SUMMER FUN COCKTAIL
Rosemary, sugar, and lemon wedge for rim
2 ounces vodka
4 ounces pomegranate juice
1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
¾ ounce rosemary simple syrup
Club soda to top off
Cranberries for garnish
- To prepare rim, rub the rim of the glass with the lemon wedge.
- With the dried rosemary and sugar on a saucer, dip either half or the entire rim of the glass in the sugar mix to coat.
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, vodka, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, and rosemary simple syrup.
- Shake to chill.
- Strain into the prepared glass.
- Top off with club soda.
- Garnish with cranberries.
FROZEN STRAWBERRY MARGARITA
6 oz tequila
2 oz triple sec
16 oz frozen strawberries
4 oz frozen limeade concentrate
1 tbsp sugar
Kosher or sea salt for the rim of the glass
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Top the rim of your glass with sea salt or kosher salt. Pour and enjoy!
VANILLA COCONUT ICEBOX CAKE
Graham crackersGraham crackersINGREDIENTS:
- 45 graham cracker halves
- 4 oz neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 3.4 oz package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut (found in the mixed drink section of your grocery store)
- 1 8 oz tub of lite whipped topping, divided
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- Line a 8 x 8 inch square pan with two sheets of overlapping plastic wrap allowing about 4 inches to hang over all four sides.
- In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment whip cream cheese until creamy. Mix in pudding mix, milk, and cream of coconut. Continue to whisk until mixture combines and thickens. This can take anywhere from 1 - 5 minutes. Fold in half of the whipped topping.
- Arrange 9 graham crackers in your pan. Top with one cup of filling and 1/4 cup of shredded coconut. Repeat layers ending with 9 graham crackers. Fold plastic wrap over top of cake and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving. invert cake onto a cake plate, top with remaining whipped topping and toasted coconut. Serve immediately or keep frozen.
MELON BALL PUNCH
- 25.4 oz Sparkling white grape juice
- 2 cups clear lemon lime flavored soda
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1 small ripe watermelon
- 1 small ripe cantaloupe
- 1 small ripe honeydew melon
- Fresh mint leaves
- 2 limes, sliced, plus more for garnish
- In a pitcher stir together grape juice, soda and lemonade.
- Place in the fridge to chill.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out the flesh of the watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew melon.
- Place melon balls on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
Once frozen add a few cups of melons balls to pitcher along with fresh mint leaves and slices of lime.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
Serve cold using additional frozen melon balls as ice cubes.
Garnish glasses with lime slice and mint leaf.
PARMESAN ASPARAGUS FRIES
-1 cup all purpose flour
-Ground black pepper
-2 large eggs, beaten
-2 tsp water
-2 cups Panko bread crumbs
-1/2 cup grated parmesan
-1lb trimmed asparagus
- Preheat oven to 375° Farenheit. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Place eggs in a shallow bowl and whisk in water. Place panko in a third shallow bowl and stir in parmesan.
- Working one at a time, dip asparagus in flour, then in egg, and finally in panko, coating well.
Place on prepared baking sheet and spray with a little cooking spray. Bake until golden and crispy, approximately 20 minutes.