FLOURLESS PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- 1 large egg, room temperature, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Roll level tablespoons of dough into balls. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and flatten with a fork.
- Bake until crisp, 12-15 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
LEMON BLUEBERRY MOCKTAIL
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup pre-made lemonade
- juice of 1 lemon
- lemon slices
- seltzer/club soda
- Add the blackberries to a small sauce pan and mash them with a fork or potato masher until broken down into small bits.
- Add the sugar, water and lemonade and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer over low-medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture to remove the bits of blackberry, add the juice from the lemon and refrigerate the liquid until cooled.
- Once cooled, pour the liquid evenly among 4 glasses filled with ice cubes.
- Add seltzer until glass is full.
- Garnish with lemon slices, mint and extra blackberries.
APRICOT & ALMOND GALETTE
-½ cup almonds, preferably blanched
-⅓ cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
-1 large egg
-4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
-½ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
-½ teaspoon vanilla extract
-Pinch of kosher salt
-1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, plus more for surface
-1 package frozen puff pastry, preferably all-butter, thawed
-12 apricots, halved, pitted, or other stone fruit, quartered if large
1 cup plain yellow cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs
1/2 cup butter
-Preheat oven to 425°F.
-Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
-Whisk together buttermilk and eggs; stir into cornmeal mixture just until combined.
-Heat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until it just begins to smoke.
-Add butter, and stir until butter is melted.
-Stir melted butter into cornbread batter.
-Pour batter into hot skillet.
-Bake at 425° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and cornbread pulls away from sides of skillet.
-Invert cornbread onto a wire rack; serve warm.